Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Violent By Design by Jedi Mind Tricks






First off let me say this. This was a good album definitely worth a listen but still there are flaws. Still a good album that I was pleasantly surprised by.







Lyricism A-:

Vinnie Paz was on point throughout this album with crazy good verses. Shit like Heavenly Divine, Genghis Khan, and my favorite Track "I Against I". Lyrically this album was pretty damn good. Supremely deep tracks where u have to search for meaning within the lyrics keep u listening from start to finish.





Production C+:

First off the production on this album was decent. It had certain beats that were great and then others that were lame. Problem was exactly that. You'd hear a rather dope beat to spit to and then you'd have 4 blah beats str8. Many of the beats were boring and non-original which I suppose is fine for their style.


OTHER {SKITS} B:
SOmething that I liked a lot on this album were the skits and the before track intros. They really set the tone and the mood for the album. It had its own eeryness!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OVERALL: B-



-C.S.

No comments: