Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Incredible Hulk







Story:
The story to this movie is basically just like you would expect it to be. Bruce Banners experiment goes wrong, he becomes Hulk. "Hulk get mad, Hulk smash everything." That was basically the plot. I didn't like the way it started. I think the story could've been told better than it was. Like it just threw you in to the mix without really establishing the characters bond. [Bruce Banner and Elizabeth Ross] Yes you know they love each other but it doesn't establish their relationship and it doesn't establish Bruce Banners personality before becoming the Hulk. Which I guess I was fine with, but I would've liked to see better storytelling before the experiment took place.





Action:
Actually, the movie sort of bored me for awhile despite the action in it. The fights had really no variety. Hulk just fought the army as they tried to capture him to do experiments. The final fight delivered though. It was a kick ass hardcore street fight between two monstrous beings. Stuff gets blown up and bodies get broken. In one part of the fight Hulk uses 2 pieces of a police car as gloves and completely beats down his enemy to the point where his head looks flattened. The final fight delivered luckily for this movie.





Acting:
The acting was rather good although, I'm not surprised. Edward Norton of course is a good actor so I expected it and unlike other critiques I think he gave the right personality to The Hulk. Liv Tyler whom is a very pretty girl acted rather well too. All the acting was good. I mean I wont say it was great acting but it was perfectly fine for a superhero movie.




Moral:
Uhhhhhhhh don't do experiments for the government? Nah but I'd say the moral to this hero's story is don't judge a book by its cover or we all have evil and anger within us we just have to control it.


Overall:
Overall this movie was pretty average. A few flaws here and there held this back from being better. Still a cool movie, far better than the god awful "THE HULK". It was average though I must say. I have new found respect for The Hulk after this. [By The Way At The End They Set Up The 2011 Movie "The Avengers"]


GRADE: C+


-C.S.

No comments: