Wednesday, June 18, 2008

B.A.R.S. by Cassidy







1. Intro [B.A.R.S. Vs. Da Hustla]
-Pretty nice intro but to tell u the truth I think Da Hustla won the battle.

2. My Drink N My 2 Step
-Its a very blah track. I dont see nothing special about it but nothing horribly wrong.

3. Where My Niggaz At
- I liked this track. It's very in your face and upbeat. Lyricism okay and the chorus is real catchy

4. I Will Never Tell [Uh Uh]
-Real dope track about snitching and what not. Lyrically its good and once again a good chorus. You cant never hate on a good song about snitchin. FUCK SNITCHES!!!

5. I Pray
- I liked this track I thought the meaning was good. I can keep saying lyricism is good but every track is lyrically good.

6. Innocent
-Dope track. The great thing about this track and about Cassidy is that he's familiar yet so refreshing. This track is pleasant to the ears and has good meaning. Cassidy has a certain sound to him

7. Cash Rules
-One of the dopest tracks on here. Of course inspired by Wu Tang but the meaning is still there unlike countless other rip offs.

8. Leanin On The Lord
- Great song with great meaning. He shows great maturity on this album as an artist and as human being.

9. Damn I Miss The Game
-A track addressing the state of hip hop and this dude lays it straight. Its some true life shit that any hip hop head would agree wit. He has like 5 tracks straight that are dope and deep. A good change of pace

10. Done 4 Me
-Average Track

11. I Get My Paper
-Fun track as he gets back into the swing of things

12. Take A Trip
-Not bad but not good

13. Celebrate
-Average

14. All By Myself
-Average


Conclusion:
I enjoyed this album and it was a pleasant surprise. It came at a time where life was full of disappointments. In the area where a lot of hyped albums came out like American Gangster, 8 Diagrams, Made, BDR. Well this trumps them all IMO. A refreshing sound that made me remember why I like Cassidy and why I like that genre. You definitely gotta check this and fuck all y'all haters. [I Plan to Add more on cuz I know parts are skimpy]


Grade: B


-C.S.

No comments: