Thursday, June 19, 2008

Finding Forever by Common






1. Intro
2. Start The Show
3. The People
4. Drivin' Me Wild
5. I Want You
6. Southside
7. The Game
8. U, Black Maybe
9. So Far To Go
10. Break My Heart
11. Misunderstood
12. Forever Begins

BEST SONGS: Start the Show, The People, Drivin Me Wild, Southside and The Game



OPENING WORDS:
First off when i bought this album I wasnt to excited. I listened to it and I threw it down cuz I thot it was complete shit. Bubblegum boring shit.It was so damn old school and shit. So I vowed I would never listen to it again because it was ass. Hmmmmmmmmmm well I decided to give him another chance.


Quick Run Through:
I was sitting here listening to it and I was like damn that is some nice shit [Referring to The People] This has quite a few good tracks and then a few mad boring tracks. All in all this album has a good purpose and shit. He speaks the real shit.

IT GROWS ON U:
Well if your a person who has been known to end up liking albums they at one point weren't to fond of then you'll like it. Well actually I'm one of the few who didnt like it first time around so there u go. Common is a legend so of course you'll like dis shit if you like him period. If u more mainstream I wont suggest it because u may only like 1 or 2 songs. Don't give up on it at first cuz its pretty good. Keep faith if u dont have it in him.

LYRICISM

Ladies and gentlemen the C-O-double-M-O-N
Synonym for fresh, truth is the emb-lem
Hardcore since I was next door to Clem and them
Cold as the winter when fake niggaz was shiverin
Shakin in they Timberlands, you was played as Bennigans
Hot for a minute, now you just a "remember him"
I been a +Master+ since P was No Limit-in
Stick a sayin, no gimmick and no mimickin
Q infinitin down old blocks are bendin in
Yellin (Fuck Tha Police) like Ren and them
Pelican brief these niggaz on who I be
Before the paper and the fame niggaz knew Rashid
Noble like Dru Ali - many have come
but few have been chose to be a true MC
You sing along wit it, inside you knowin it's wack
Young who? I don't need a openin act [echoes]



[Common]
Let, let, le-le-le-le-le-let's go
It's a festival in hip-hop; we do it non-stop
Pop your bottles, Chicago niggaz do it in staccato
Choppin notes for my homies, fuck a motto
And Farragamo shoes givin dudes the model
Think fast, drive slow, survival is the throttle
Your live show is hollow, shoulda kept it local
Rappin over vocals, soundin soft as JoJo
With twelve monkeys on stage it's hard to see who's a gorilla
You was better as a drug dealer
Feel the passion of this B-boy ration-al
Half of it is what you say, and half is style
Guess it's time for you to stop cashin now
It's over folks, tell your guys to put the glasses down
Masters now, verses touch the youth like a Catholic priest
Performances keep me stackin the sheets [echoes]



Thats from Start the Show and that is some ill ass bars being spit. Common who is one of the best lyricists of all time came hard on basically all of his tracks.You gotta love his pure raw talent.



FEATURES:
Kanye West is featured on many songs so if you a Kanye fan you'll like this for him as well I suppose. lily Allen was featured on Drivin me Wild and she actually was a perfect fit. I feel she did wonderful on that track her voice was the perfect choice. So big ups on that track.



VERDICT: You probably already got it and if you dont then get it however you can [Unless your a Soulja Boy Fan]

C+


-C.S.

No comments: