Sunday, July 20, 2008

SAINT by TED DEKkER





"I know a few things about myself. I know that my name is Carl. My wife is
Kelly. I love her more than my own life. If she told me to kill you, I would.
I'm a captive, deep inside Hungary - no one knows I'm here. I can put a
bullet into a ten-inch target at 3,000 yards. They tell me that I'm the best
sniper in the world. Sometimes I sit in my dark hole for days without moving so
that they don't hurt me. I can kill a man with my bare hands.

If Kelly
told me to kill you, I would.

I only know a few things about myself. My
name is Carl. They call me Saint.

I think they want me to kill you."

Dekker hits you with a heart pounding, hard hitting page turner with this book. Almost like it's a movie and straight from the BourneIdentity. Carl Strople an assassin is in a special organization. That breeds the best assassins in the world. Unfortunately he doesn't know who he is, where he is or where he's from. The entire story is about him trying to figure all this out. Despite his organization being his greatest enemy trying to keep him contained there is dark secrets about Carl Strople aka Saint. Dekker has written a very smart book here that kicks off heart pounding action from the start.

GRADE: A+




-C.S.


No comments: