Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Cool by Lupe Fiasco






1. Baba Says Cool For Thought
-What the fuck is this? Some retarded crack at being smart? Lupe comes on a little to strong with this crap and just sounds like a complainer instead of a politician/rapper. Lame shit



2. Free Chilly
-.........................Yea................What was all that about? Honestly who has an interlude after an intro? Good singing?



3. Go-Go-Gadget Flow
- Lupe wrote well to the beat but he kind of got annoying somewhere within the song. Decent track nothing great though but it's pretty damn long lol. Worth a listen I'd say.



4. The Coolest
-WHy does he have to keep repeating himself and then he wierdly sounds like a chinese person when he goes to ranting. He really sounds mentally retarded on this song. Real hip hop my ass. First he repeats, The Coolest Nigga What? like 20 times and then just says a bunch of dumb ass shit. The lyricism was ho hum and he obviously is chinese/jamaican.



5. Superstar
- Dope song. The dude who sings in it has a good voice and set it off. Really made the mood perfect. The lyricism was good besides the wierd vocab which I can't complain about. Great track good choice for a single. I could bump this on repeat for hours.



6.Paris, Tokyo
- Good lyricism but sort of a wierd song lol I guess it's a decent track but I wasn't feeling it it just seemed kind of cheesy in my opinion.



7. Hi-Definition
-Wasn't feeling Snoop or the singing on this song. Lupes verses were pretty good at least but it was just a blah track. The beat and singing overpowered and over shadowed Lupes verses and voice.



8. Gold Watch
-The instrumental once again overpowered Lupes voice and lyrics. I just wasn't feeling the beat the entire sound was overdone and got mad distracting.



9. Hip-Hop Saved My Life
- Real good storytelling and lyricism here. I was feeling what Lupe was writing on and it was something normal telling a story about an aspiring rapper. The beat was real smooth and nice, and I liked the chorus/sample. Good track.


10. Intruder Alert
- Good storytelling and rather good lyrics. Good meaningful track but i didn't like the chorus sorry. All together it was an average track.


11. Streets On Fire
- Took awhile to get to the verses and I guess I could've waited longer cuz what I got I didn't really like. Not very good verses = Not a very good song. The chorus sucked to. Just a boring song that couldn't keep my interest for a second.



12. Little Weapon
- First off Lupe knows nothing about guns. Second off I know this is a political song. It's a good song too. I was feeling what he was speaking on in this track for real. I won't say it's dope but it's a real good track.



13. Gotta Eat
-Is it a song about Rally's? No unfortunately. This is a blah song I just couldn't feel it really. Pretty shitty actually and then becomes cheesier than anythings. Fuck this song skip it.



14. Dumb It Down
-A real raw track that I didn't expect. It had a nice beat and sounded south-like lol. Just a blah track though I wasn't feeling it really.



15. Hello/Goodbye
-Fuckin dumb ass start to it. Just a bunch of noise. A few words and then more noise. Got real old real quick. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It's enuf to wanna kill urself.



16. The Die
- Just a bunch of music as a beat. I guess it was decent and the lyricism was average. Just a below average track.


17. Put You On Game
-Ill beat and flow on this here track. Kind of a dark side of Lupe that I was feeling. Ill song all together hard to say anything bad really.


18. Fighters
- Saddening almost. Santos's singing was good and almost depressing. Just below average lyricism on the track from Lupe can't say I was feeling this song other than Santos being on it. No Homo!


19. Go Baby
-Has a nice old school sound on it but really nothing special. Pretty lame and cheesy. Wans;tfeelingit and Lupe had no lyrical presence.




GRADE: C-



-C.S.

No comments: