Sunday, July 20, 2008

LabCabInCalifornia by The Pharcyde







1. Bullshit
- I wasn't impressed with this track at all. Very boring and bad lyricism to be honest. Just wasn't feeling this track. Skip! it....


2.Pharcyde
- A very blah track not sure what I can say about it. You can skip or listen but I'd skip it. Not all that great of a track.



3. Groupie Therapy
-I was diggin the Q-Tip sample and shit. This track was rather nice. I was feeling it for the most part. Had room for a lot of improvement and I'd probably get bored with it after awhile.


4. Runnin
-The Jay Dee beat is absolut fire. (R.I.P.) The beat was great and Pharcyde flowed well to it. Dope track and the chorus was well written. I definitely get bored with this track a lot but you best go get the instrumental for this song if u know whats good.


5. She Said
-Fat Lip spits fiyah! on this track. Pretty good lyricism but this track is kind of boring.


6. Splattitorium
- Really such a laid back song that you can fall asleep to. Another good J Dilla beat. Though the beat was simple it fit the track so well. Just talking about getting high.


7. Somethin' That Means Somethin'
-First verse is damn good on this track. This track is just fair though. Really nothing special on this track. Good lyricism and flow but it lacks the sound to keep you hooked. Still worth a listen tho (Another Dope Jay Dee beat]


8. All Live (Interlude
-Pretty cool interlude the drums from Dilla were nice.


9. Drop
-The beat from Dilla is absolute greatness. The scratching on this track is fiyah. Such a good song. I remember when a friend of mine first showed me this song and I became a fan of Pharcyde instantly. This song is the best on the album and one of the best of the 90's. Fuckin fire!!!!!


10. Hey You
- Cool song I was feeling the smooth vibe on the beat and on the lyrics. Good lyrics as well.


11. Y?
- More good production from Jay Dee and Bootie Brown. If you wanna make a case that Dilla is one of the greatest producers ever just show some of the beats off this album. But he only co produced this. I was feeling the lyricism on this and Pharcyde wrote so well to the beat.


12. It's All Good
- Decent track. On some real ass shit.


13. Moment In Time
-Can't say I really like this track but can't say I didn't like it. It was just a lot of talking really and then a little rap. The beat kind of annoyed me but for some they'd probably like it.


14. The Hustle
-A damn dope track. I can listen to it over and over it's straight fire. Great lyricism and just the pure sound of the song is perfect.


15. Little D [Interlude]
-Blah Blah Blah whatever. Listen or dont I wont judge lol


16. Devil Music
-It's a decent track that FatLip produced. Nothing special just average.


17. The E.N.D.
-Rather dope track it starts slow but in the middle it gets better. Nice track to bump. It's real chill.


18. Emerald Butterfly [Bonus Track]
-Real boring track I wasn't liking it at all. Skip this


19. Just Don't Matter [Bonus]
- Another not so good track. Better than Emerald Butterfly but I still ain't feeling it.



GRADE: C


-C.S.

No comments: