Saturday, July 19, 2008

Illmatic by Nas








1. The Genesis
-Real grimy off the bat with this cool New York sound. Nothin else to really say.



2. N.Y. State Of Mind
-Dope beat, dope lyrics. Everything on this song is fire. Nas spits absolute heat on this track. The beat complimented him so well as well so it mad him flow better IMO. Just dope verses from Nas. "Rappers stay monkey flippin wit the funky shit that i be kickin"


3. Life's A Bitch
- Really catchy song. AZ shit on Nas with his verse but still a nice track. "Life's A Bitch and then you die. That's Why We Get High" True ass words from Nasty Nas and AZ.


4. The World Is Yours
- I didn't like this song at first. As a matter of fact for awhile I wasn't feeling this song. But lyrically this shit kicks. The chorus is catchy I'm sure as you can tell.


5. Halftime
- A good lyrical song and the beat was a little to simple for me. I just wasn't feeling this track all that much. Yea it's still a fair track but I think it gets mad overrated.


6. Memory Lane
- I liked the "OOOOOooooOOOOOooooOOOO's" in this track. ANother good lyrical track proving that this album is easily his most lyrical. It tells a pretty good story that I can remanisce with. I feel liek I'm watching a music vid with Nas when I listen to it.



7. One Love
-This song is mad boring. "One Love, One Love, One Love" That's really all there is to it. Boring as hell I skip it every time I bump.


8. One Time 4 Your Mind
- Pretty raw song that u can vibe/flow to. Lyrically it's fair. All together though it's nothing special.


9. Represent
- REPRESENT! REPRESENT! I was feeling that part. Good song lyrically and the beat was pretty nice to rhyme to.



10. It Ain't Hard To Tell
- I was diggin the beat and everything on this. I wasn't necessarily impressed with the lyricism to be honest. Still worth a listen easily.



LAST WORDS: At first couple of listens I would've given this album a C+. Honestly I think this is the most overrated album in history. Best Album Ever? Not even close. I don't see 1 Absolute GREAT TRACK on here just a bunch of fair-very good songs. Still a solid album though




GRADE: B-


-C.S.

No comments: