Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Main Ingredient by PETE ROCK & CL SMOOTH





1.In The House

-Just a blah track nothing special really. Cl had a nice flow and lyrically it was pretty good.




2. Carmel City

- Real funky ass beat for real I was feeling it. The lyrics, the sound the everything was perfectly put together.


3. I Get Physical

-A great track from the start this was making you bob your head to it. Fucking ill lyrically and the chorus was real nice a whole new take on "I GET PHYSICAL"



4. Sun Won't Come Out

- Sort of a boring track in my opinion it lacked a lot of power and lyricism. Just not a good track really. Had no good sound in it and lyrically it was weak.




5. I Got A Love
-Beautifully good old school scratching sound to it. The lyrics were average but the chorus was sort of catchy in a wierd old school boring gospel way.


6. Escape
-The beat was simple yet nice and lyrically this track was pretty nice. It was just a little boring but the first 6 bars were hot as hell. The first verse was a good lyrical verse in general.


7. The Main Ingredient
- The lyrics were nice real old school New York style ya digg? The beat was almost to simple for me but all together this track was pretty nice. But I can't say it's great or nothing.


8. Worldwide
-Nice sound on the beat it was well written. Mad old school DJing from Pete Rock. I can dig this shit. The song was just a little bit boring for my taste.


9.All The Places
-I didn't really like this track. Thought it was an average song at best. Just real boring in my opinion.


10. Tell Me
-Lyrically it's so damn nice on the beat. The beat could've been better but that whole first verse was just soooooo nice. Perfectly executed flows and verses. Thumbs up on this track.


11. Take You There
- Didn't really get into this other than the chorus. I just wasn't feeling it but as I said the chorus sounded good/cool on the song and lyrically it was good of course. Just lacked what it needs to be a great track.



12. Searching
-Dope ass beat and drumming. Hot track I was feeling it all the way through. The lyricism and flow was perfect on the beat. Just nodded my head all the way through and then there was a real smooth hook in the chorus.



13. Check It Out
- "Check It Out, Check It Out, CH-Ch-Ch-Check It Out" I liked that mixing and shit at the start. Good flow and lyricism from Smooth as usual.


14. In The Flesh
- Cool sound but it was nothing special. The scratching was average and so was everything else. The beat however I liked more and more as I listened.


15. It's On You
- It's a good track lyrically and Cl Smooth was super smooth on the track. lol but 4real he had a nice flow but the song semi-bored me on it so I had a hard time getting into it.


16. Get On The Mic
- Nice sound even though the repeating of Get On get's boring but the lyricism is fuckin crazy. This track is str8 fiyah!!!! SImple as that.



GRADE: B


-C.S.

No comments: