Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ready To Die by Notorious B.I.G.






1. Intro
-A lot of screaming and shit but it's aight. Just an intro



2. Things Done Changed
- Dope track. The chorus is fiyah! Just talking about how shit changed in this world and how gangsters ain't the same. How life has changed over the years and the struggles that come now. Dope track all in all.



3. Gimme The Loot
-Great track that has me rapping it forwards and backwards everytime I listen to it. "Nigga You Ain't Got To Exlain Shit/I been robbing motha fuckas since the slave ship, with the same clip and the same 4-5/ 2 point blank motha fucka sure to die/
Not sure if I got that last part correct but fuck it. Dope lyrical track, wordplay is fire. Just a great track.



4. Machine Gun Funk
- A decent track I don't like it as much as I use too but its pretty nice. A fair lyrical track all in all and the chorus is catchy. It's definitely a fan favorite u can tell.



5. Warning
-"Who the fuck is this paging me at 5:46 in the morning" I always say that IDK why. I actually ain't feeling this track really. I don't think it's as good as people say. It's just average.



6. Ready To Die
-A crazy lyrical track. Mad ill as far as lyricism goes but other than that IDK I just didn't like it that much. It was to one sided of a track. Not a bad track tho. It's still good.



7. One More Chance
-Boring track I didn't like it at all. Faith sounds good on it but just a boring track that slowed the pace down. Like a filler track.


8. Fuck Me [Interlude]
-looooooool I love this shit it's funny as hell what they be saying. I could beat off to this shit [no homo] Sexy....well Big isn't



9. The What
- Method Man's verse was nice but this track is blah with an average beat. Just a fair track.



10. Juicy
-One of the best hip hop tracks in history. Real hip hop right here. This is some real shit that sticks with you. My fav Biggie track that's just crazily ill. As soon as I heard this song I knew this album was greatness. You very rarely find tracks like this that make entire albums and define an MC. Great track



11. Everyday Struggle
-IDK what it is with Biggies obsession with death but whatever. It's a good lyrical track but other than that and the beat it aint that great of a song.



12. Me & My Bitch
- Boring track. Wasn't feeling it much at all. Nice story tho



13. Big Poppa
-Hella catchy chorus. GOod track for the most part wasn;t feeling some of it but it's a rather good track. "I like the way u call me Big Poppa"



14. Respect
- THe beat was dope but I didn't like the rasta bitch it got annoying as fuck. Decent track though.



15. Friend Of Mine
-Nice track that's reall all to say. Wasn't great but wasn't horrible just average.



16. Unbelievable
- Dope track. "Biggie Smalls Is The Illest" Rather true words right there. Hot ass track with good lyrics. Dope verses and a nice scratch beat. The chick in the background set it off to.



17. Suicidal Thoughts
-.........I don't know what to say.....The greatest song in the history of hip hop as far as the verses and there meaning. These verses are absolutely perfect in every way they hit u with raw emotion on each word. True shit has been spoken. <333333 This track. Once again obsessed with death and suicide




18. Who Shot Ya?
-Yea it's a diss track but it's really really boring and I think it's mad overrated. Overly long for really no reason it's just to stretched out. I ain't feeling this track at all.



19. Just Playing (Dreams)
- Blah it's not a very good track I ain't feeling it I think it's below average and is a bad ending to the album.




GRADE: A-



-C.S.

No comments: