Sunday, September 21, 2008

One For The Journey EP by Sway






1. True Stories
- The intro was interesting. Now I've never heard this Sway guy before but he's not that bad. He had a real nice flow and the lyricism was nice. Getting a little political on this and I liked it. Shit was nice he stayed dope throughout the track really not a single weak line.




2. Move Back
- Nice beat it sounded very epic. Sway's voice isn't annoying either so that's a plus. This track is nice as well. Raw UK shit and I never thought I'd say that. Nah 4real the lyricism ain't bad and I guess I'd have to live in the UK to feel some of this shit. It's hard to understand when he's saying Scottland Yard or I rep Buckland hard. Like I'm thinking to myself that's like saying "I Rep Hollywood" That's just how teh UK is portrayed in America but Ima look past that. Good track.



3. Baby Father
- Ok I won't fuckin lie. that bitch sounded like a retard and she completely made this track cheesy as hell. Very cheesy track I wasn't feeling it. The beat combined with the bitch's voice completely overshadowed the lyrics. :(


4. Up Your Speed
-This track has Chamillionaire on it? Hmmm thats wierd. Sway ain't a bad producer I've noticed so far. More heavy repping for the UK and all its cities or whatever they call them over there. :) The lyricism is okay it's more like a club banger than anything but I can dig it.



5. Ex Boyfriend
- Nice and slow I was feeling it and Sway was smooth like R Kelly ya digg? lol the singing was kind of wierd but it fit well. Sway has a nice speed to his voice when he raps. Nice rapid fire rapping. Different change of pace from the other songs. Not bad but not great. Just average.



6. Every Man (For Himself)
-Not a bad track but nothing special. Everything was just plain average.



7. Get 'Em High
- Sway seems to have done something different with his voice. None the less this track is okay. The beat and singing in the back adds a nice flavor to it. Decent track no more no less.



GRADE: B

-C.S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice review.I was expecting some anti-britain rant lol.move back>>>>