Wednesday, September 24, 2008

CRACK by Z-RO







1. Crack (Intro)
- Dope ass intro it's real....real...chill? So yea the part when he's talking interesting and keeps you listening and then the part where he starts rhyming is good to. It was a different type of beat. Good rapping all together it's a nice intro.



2. Baby Girl
- Kind of an R&B flow but unlike Scarface when he does it I was feeling this. At first he sounded like he was singing and rhyming at the same time but no matter what it was dope as hell. Dope beat dope lyrics, dope everything. That's why they call it Crack.



3. Call My Phone Ft. Slim Thug
- Another smooth track from two of H-Towns bosses. Z-Ro may have the smoothest style. Dudes just so cool in the booth. Z-RO on some real shit right now though this track is chill as fuck.



4. Here We Go Ft. Mike-D
-"Put A Ring On My Own Finger Cuz I Sleep With Z-Ro" ill. Z-Ro spits another real ass track. Mike-D's verse was tight, I liked it the flow was nice and lyrically it wasn't bad. This entire track I could relate to and thats always a plus.



5. If That's How You Feel Ft. Lil Keke
- The beat was decent but this is probably the weakest track so far. The lyrics were sort of missing something and well actually the entire track was missing something. It was still average but not as good as the other 4. Worth a listen most definitely though.



6. Lonely
- Well another good track and Z-Ro does what? Spits more of dat real shit. That seemed to be Z-Ro's focus was to be real as fuck here not that he hasn't always been real. But all these are silent anthems. What I mean by that is that they don't make as much noise as an anthem but they're low profile and if u listen to them you'll relate to it. Nice track.




7. Made
- Good shit some nice smooth lyrics on this track. Not anything better than a good track but hey we'll take it. I listened to it a couple more times and noticed the good lyricism and flow. SO it was better at second listen definitely.



8. The Mo City Don
- Hmmmm the singing I can't kinda do without or whatever Z-Ro was trying to do. I mean he does it well and better than certain others I know. It was kinda like Gangsta R&B. Good track though not his best on here but worth a listen and has decent lyricism.


9. Top Notch
- Not a very good track just didn't have very much substance to it. Kind of catchy I mean I would play this in the club. But yea i'd skip this but decide for yourself cuz it's not completely bad.



10. Rollin'
-Another mellow track wit nice flow. Kind of boring though and as far as lyrics, Z-Ro is starting to sound like a broken record. Seems like every track has the same problem, same lyrics, same flow, same beat. I'm starting to get bored with this. :( sorry. He needs to use different beats instead of these slow ass beats.



11. Tired Ft. Mya
- Stop with the singing and shit. TO tell you the truth I'm not a huge Z-Ro fan. I like dude but not a big fan like fellow staff member DaOriginalKillaKastro. So IDK if Z-Ro sings like this on his other albums but it's getting old. Lyrics are bland and so is this beat.



12. You
- This song seems like the same beat from tracks 1-8 lol. I'm trying not to hate on the beat selection but it's hard. Sure it flows well with him but they all sound the same. This track though is actually not that bad I liked it. Real shit.



13. Eyes On Paper Ft. Paul Wall
- Good track but other than Z-Ro being better than Lloyd Banks there voices remind me of each other. IDK why I'm making the comparison but they seem monotone from time to time and just have bland voices. Not a bad track but not great. I can feel it though.


14. 25 Lighter
- I was vibing with this. Good ass track right here one of the best on the album. Had a great Dirty South sound and just an ill track. The lyrics and low tempo beat set off Z-Ro's voice and there wasn't no gay ass R&B sound. Dope fucking track with a nice length. That's really all I can say lol



15. Paid My Dues
- WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? This beat is different from every other beat. It's dope maybe the dopest since the Intro. Z-Ro ended this album with a real nice track. Shit's ill and a great way to end this album.




LAST WORDS:
Well let's see this album started off well mainly because I ignored certain things but as this album went on I noticed the beats were boring and sounded the same, the lyrics were decent at best and well Z-Ro kept being an R&B douche. Still I pressed on and found myself enjoying it here and there. Maybe it'll take more listens but whatever. Point is that Crack has gotten mixed reviews from listeners. Some saying it's dope [Kartoon] and top 5 of the year and then others saying it's a disappointment or "GARBAGE". I wouldn't say it's garbage at all and I really wasn't excited for it so it's not a disappointment. This is a real mellow album that you can zone out to and just chill with. Listen to some real shit while smoking a blunt.




~REVIEW DONE BY C.S.~



GRADES:
C.S. : B
Kartoon : 8/10
DKE : B+

No comments: