Sunday, August 24, 2008

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE by KOOL G RAP & DJ POLO






1. Streets Of New York
- Good track and a good story. Kool G spit perfectly to the nice beat. This is just simply a dope ass song in general. Maybe a perfect track? Not saying it's the best ever




2. Wanted: Dead Or Alive
- This is a good song. I liked it I think it was the first Kool G track I ever heard. At first I wasn't feeling it but now I can dig this shit. Definitely listen to this crack.


3. Money In The Bank
-This song is only average I wasn't really feeling this. I mean it wasn't really bad and I would definitely tell you to bump it at least once. But in my opinion it's only average at best.



4. Bad To The Bone
- The beat is real funky like most the beats on this album. Kool G did his signature rapid fire delivery on this track. Pretty good lyricism almost like a freestyle it seemed. Good track.



5. Talk Like Sex
-This track may have the best one liners in history. They're all over the board. This song is beloved by hardcore Kool G fans and it has enough comedy for anyone to enjoy. A lot of people say this is the best Rap/Sex song ever. IDK if I agree with that but it's a real nice song none the less.



6. Play It Again, Polo
-The beat on this is mad funky. You can dance to this shit. Real old school 80's sound to it. But really other than Kool G's ope delivery there isn't much more to this track. By All means you should check this but it's not a great track.



7. Erase Racism
- The opening verse on this track was ill as fuck just the way it flowed and rhymed. Dope track really is all I can say. True, real ass shit being spit here. If you ain't feeling this than you retarded. Simple as that



8. Kool Is Back
-The speed of this track was just ill as hell. So fast paced and delivered perfectly from Kool. But really other than that the beat was simple but it fit into the song. Good track but not great.



9. Play It Kool
- Not a bad track. The lyricism and wordplay is nice. I can't say nothing hat bad about this track other than the beat is real simple and almost non existent. I'm still feeling the lyricism on here though.



10. Death Wish
- Dope/Raw track. The lyricism is great on here and the flow is iller. This is something to vibe too. Just a real real nice/dope track is all I can really say. KOOL G!!!!



11. Jive Talk
- Kool G really dont cuss much have you noticed? Well not as much as artists like Eminem, Tupac, Wu Tang Clan and such. But he lets it go on this track. At first I didn't think I would like this but I was proven wrong because the lyricism and raw flow is so ill.



12. The Polo Club
-Good scratching at the beginning real raw New York style. This is all Polo on this one with him showing off his DJ skillz. I'd probably never listen to it again not becuase it's bad or dumb or nothing just because I want to listen to the next track.



13. Rikers Island
- First verse is straight well actually all the verses are straight. They're just talking about Rikers. Uhhhh Big surprise since it's the name of the song but it's a good track with a cool beat. A good ending to a good album.




GRADE: B


-C.S.

No comments: