Saturday, August 23, 2008

L.A.X. by The Game







1. Intro
-Maybe one of the gayest things I ever heard. DMX is a douchebag [or sounds like one] and this intro is just pretty lame.



2. LAX Files
- Shorty's vocals are rather nice on this track so I was feeling this from the start. This is some nice shit right here. Not really lyrically is it good but I was just feeling what he was speaking and it was just a good sounding gangsta track. I liked how he brought up people thinking they gangsta just cuz they scene Boyz N The Hood and Menace. Nice track.


3. State Of Emergency Feat. Ice Cube
- Pretty nice lyricism on this but the song is just average really. Can't say I'm 100% feeling it but I ain't hating it. Cube didn't have a verse he just spoke and said the chorus. Blah track.



4. Bulletproof Diaries Feat. Raekwon
- This track really wasn't as good as I expected. The lyricism was sort of awkward and not as serious as I expected. Raekwons verse was nice but I wasn't impressed with this track I mean why the fuck was he talking about Kobe and Lebron? What does that have to do with Bulletproof Diaries? Another blah track.


5. My Life Featuring Lil Wayne
- Well in my opinion any track with Lil Wayne loses any chance of being great. But actually the first shit from Weezys mouth was some g ass shit. I was feeling what he was saying and I think he brought a lot to the track. Still only a decent track though. Game had many verses but none stood out to me as great!


6. Money
- Second Cool & Dre track in a row. It's wierd how many Cool & Dre beats he had on here. Average song at best nothing about it was great it was just meh. Wasn't really feeling it and I thought it was boring.


7. Cali Sunshine Feat. Bilal
- Game was shouting out dudes and I liked his Suge line. He spoke on just about everyone big these days. Bilal's vocals sounded good though and it was a nice beat produced by Nottz. Not a bad track.


8. Ya HEard Feat. Ludacris
- Another bumpin Nottz beat. Not bad lyrics here I was feeling Games wordplay but the best line by far was from Luda. "The California Sun is Scorchin/I'm Emptying Bullets like my gun was having abortions/" Shit was fiyah but other than that fuck Ludas verse.



9. Hard Liquour [Interlude]
-This has Nas in it but this is definitely a skip you can easily do without this interlude.


10. House Of Pain
- First mention of Dr. Dre in this whole album is right here. I'm proud of Game for that he got over Dre. I would've liked some Dre beats tho just saying. Another blah track tho it wasn't very good lyrically or anything. Average!


11. Gentleman's Affair Feat. Ne-Yo
-WTF!!! A Ne-Yo feature on a Game track? Y'all are lucky I even listened to this cuz I hate Ne-Yo. A song about fuckin basically and Games thug appeal. Not a very good track in my opinion. Just wasn't feeling it.


12. Let Us Live Feat. Chrissette Michelle
-A Scott Storch beat that I wasn't really impressed with. It was just a blah beat and the song itself was average honestly.


13. Touchdown Feat. Raheem Devaughn
- The bass in this beat is fuckin knockin on the real. But this track lacked substance mainly just talking about fuckin which is understandably lacking substance but I'm not a fan of sexual songs so I didn't like this track plus it was kind of gay as far as vocals.


14. Angel Featuring Common
- Commons verse was blah I didn't think it was too good or nothing I mean it was just average considering it's coming from Common who can spit way better. Just a below average track cuz Games verses were worse than Commons.



15. Never Can Say Goodbye Featuring Latoya Williams
- Nice intro remembering B.I.G. This track was co-produced by Game and I actually liked the beat quite a bit it had my head noddin with it. Good meaningful track all in all I can't say nothing real bad. I was feeling it.


16. Dope Boys Featuring Travis Barker
-Travis Barker on the drums. At first I wasn't feeling this track but Barkers drumming actually was nice for the beat/song. Still not that great of a track mainly about Game being a drug dealer and shit. Although I believe its also about how dope They are in general lol. Average!


17. Games Pain Feat. Keyshia Cole
- I really hated this track from the moment I first heard it. I thought it was some pussy R&B shit. Good emotion from Games voice though and I respect the meaning. [Paying Homage Too The Legends] Keyshia sings good on this track but I wasn't feeling this at all. Many people were so it's really up to you.



18. Letter To The King Feat. Nas
- A smoother and slower song than many of the L.A.X. tracks. Nas spit a solid verse and Game was alright. This track was just ok. Nothing really bad stood out and it was about MLK. R.I.P.


19. Outro
- Another prayer by DMX lol. Fucking gay as hell again.






GRADE: B-



http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EIYZX4BQ

-C.S.



2 comments:

Guy Fawkes said...

Track number 6 "Money" is a fucking anthem... you might wanna give that track another listen homie.

HIP HOP LIVES! said...

I'll do that for you man