Tuesday, August 26, 2008

...AND THEN THERE WAS X by DMX







1. The Kennel
- Just a little intro. Listen if you want I dont find intros/skits to be worth it usually.



2. One More Road To Cross
-lol good hook X. This is a pretty good lyrical song from X I was feeling the vibe of this. Just a nice all around track. Far from being very good but a nice first track in my opinion of course.


3. The Professional
- Just talking about asassinating someone. This is some real shit from DMX though. Anyone could kill you at any time that's what's so true about this track. It's ill. Could be a better track but I can dig it the way it is.



4. Fame
- A pretty good lyrical track. When X says "WHAT!" repeatedly it gets annoying so thats a negative but he says that all the time. This track is just average at best.



5. Alot To Learn
- A short skit about being loyal and shit. Wise Words.



6. Here We Go Again
- The first verse is pretty good lyrically. A rather good track I was feeling it a lot. It definitely has room for improvement as most of X's tracks do the beat is simple but a passable song though.



7. Party Up
- Y'all Gon Make Me Act A Fool! [Up In Here! Up In Here!] Dope club banger right here just something everyone can dig and vibe to. I loved this track from the moment I heard it. Just real catchy and fun to listen to. A str8 banger.



8. Make A Move
- A decent track talking about making moves in his life. I like this song a little bit I mean I can listen to it sometimes but then sometimes I'll choose not to bump it. But I'd definitely bump this a few times.



9. What These Bitches Want
- A good song. I actually was feeling what X was rapping about how bitches alwasys asking for shit from you and trying to get everything from you when you doing your best and shit or don't want nothing to do with them. Good song.



10. What's My Name
- I could do without the stressing of the syllabbles but it is a nice track I like it. "BITCHES WHAT'S MY NAME!" It's fast paced and in your face.



11. More 2 A Song
-Blah track wasn't really feeling it. Overly simple and just a decent track nothing special at first.


12. Don't You Ever
- Good track the lyricism is real raw and uncut. Just some hardcore shit and even the chorus was pretty nice. Just say how you feel X say it like it is you g ass nigga lol



13. D-X-L (Hard White)
- A pretty nice beat and all the verses were solid. Not one really stood out as great but still good shit on this track.




14. Shakedown [Skit]
-Just a simple little skit




15. Comin' For Ya
- Dope shit on this track. DMX spit heat on this. DOpe lyricism and good wordplay. I was feeling the beat and every second of this I listened real intently. DMX had nice flow with the bumpin beat.



16. Prayer III
-Just a prayer from DMX. How touching.



17. Angel
-This song is average I liked the singing actually but but everything else was blah and only passable. I thought this track was promising from the start but I got bored with it.



18. Good Girls, Bad Guys
-I'm one of those people who think an outro/ending song should be heartfelt or some real shit. This wasn't really wasn't what I was looking for. It's a decent song but still not good enough for me to say its great or nothing. Just decent at best.



GRADE: B-




-C.S.

No comments: