Sunday, August 24, 2008

Doctors Advocate by The Game







1. Lookin' At You
- For a long time I didn't like this song very much but now I like it. The beat and lyricism is nice. The beat alone is should make you like this track. It's bumping. SOmething to kick in your car or some shit.




2. Da Shit
- I ain't feeling this song. The intro to it was pretty stupid and the beat was rather simplistic. Games lyricism was raw and not to bad actually on this track but everything else was pretty lame.



3. It's Ok (ONE BLOOD)
- This was my track of the year when it came out. Just a fucking dope track with a dope beat. Maybe not lyrically spectacular but still a dope club banger ya feel me? Hot ass track it was song of the year in my opinion.



4. Compton
- A song repping the CPT where Game is from. Meh really only a decent track I didn't like the whole Gangsta Boogie thing I found it cheesy and as for the lyrics and beat they were average. Will.I.Am can produce better shit than this beat.



5. Remedy
- The beat is nice but I could do without the Dre mentions which are present in half the songs on this album. :[ The song is another very average track that I wasn't feeling to much. It just seemed like a filler but I liked the keys on here it sounded like a nice car bumping song. Kind of made me think of rims spinning lol



6. Let's Ride (STRIP CLUB)
- lol so many people made comments about how Game sounded like Dre on this track and looked like him in the video. Well what the fuck do u expect? It's Game who is Dre's biggest dickrider [No OFfense] It don't bother me though this song is banging. The chorus is nice, Scott Storch is a beat master and this beat is fiyah! Games lyricism is nicely written and flows perfectly with the song.



7. Too Much
-Another dope ass beat from Storch. Such a great beat honestly and this track is fire in every way. A perfect beat, nice catchy lyrics makes for a great club banger. The beat reminds me of wind chimes it's peaceful but bumping at the same time. The chorus is mad catchy as hell.



8. Wouldn't Get Far
- The sample is from Creative Source and it's perfect for this song. The chorus is nice and this track itself is some true dopeness. Just Game spitting on them video vixens who fuck to make it places. I don't even like Kanye but his verse was nice as well. Good track.



9. Scream On 'Em
- Another dope club banger. It's real in your face and Swizz Beatz was nice on this with the beat. The screaming and yelling really gave the track it's own style and sound. Swizz Beatz verse wasn't half bad either. Nice song.



10. One Night
- It's wierd that this album ended up having Games best tracks on it and the tracks of the year [Mainstream]. But this is a nice slow song that just speaks on some real shit talking about his fake friends and his life and where it's at. Just an utterly dope lyrical track from Game.



11. Doctors Advocate
-The beginning with Busta is kinda cheesy but it's not to bad it sets up Games song. Another thing I like about Game is his ability to show emotion in his tracks like he did in Start From Scratch. The chorus and the verses are moving in this song. Just a masterpiece of a track. Of course it's about Dre but whatever still a dope track can't complain. Bustas verse was even alright and wasn't overly gay.



12. Ol' English
- I saw this track as a huge filler track and I wasn't impressed with it. Skip this in my opinion.



13. California Vacation
- The beat is pretty nice an this track is good. Snoops verse was heat and even Xzibits was rather nice. Just repping hard for the Westcoast you feel? This is a dope collabo.



14. Bang
- The chorus was nice on here it was mad catchy. I liked this track and lol at the squeaky voiced dude in the background. I was feeling this shit. Another banger maybe not lyrically but with the beat and decent lyrics this song is irresistable. BANG ya digg!



15. Around The World
- Jamie Foxx ruined this shit but whatever. Wasn't feelin this track it was to long for a song like this. Just couldn't get into this no matter how hard I tried.



16. Why You Hate The Game?
-The singing is good but other than that I couldn't really get into this. I was hoping for another nice track to end this album but I wasn't into this. I'm sure I'll get people who want to stone me for that but fuck them. It's my opinion and I don't like this song that much.




LAST WORDS: WHen I first listened to this album I thought it was mad overrated and about a C. Now after about 20 listens I've discovered that it has 4 GREAT tracks and a few good ones. So this album was better than I thought but it's still overrated and was overhyped.




GRADE: B


-C.S.

No comments: